Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My New Years Resolution

For the past few years I stopped making New Year's resolutions because I thought it was pointless. I would never keep them anyway. But this year (a few days into the year) I decided to make one and to work hard at keeping it.
I resolved to start making out weekly menus for my family so there would be only one trip to the grocery store per week. I had gotten so bad about going into the grocery store needing one thing and coming out with at least $20 worth of stuff. When you do that at least 3 days out of the week, you spend at least $60 that you hadn't previously intended.
On Friday evenings, my husband and I sit down together and plan out at least five meals for the upcoming week. Our menu isn't strict as in "On Monday, meatloaf, Tuesday, spaghetti, etc..." We have five meals that we can choose from as each day arrives. Our son, Adam loves to be able to pick out what we are going to have. It makes him feel good that he has a part in it. It makes my life a little less stressful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment